Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Focus this Semester

Lesson: Would you be Ready?
By: Stephen VanBueren
Location: The VanBueren's House in Baton Rouge, LA

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:1-4
Fact: Jesus WILL come back.
John 14:18
John 16:16
He reminded them of this time and again.
Acts 1:9-11
He will return.
They lived their life FULLY expecting him to be back soon.
Every day could have been that blessed day!
Matthew 24:36-44
Matthew 25:1-13
Be prepared because it could be any moment.
What do you think inspired them to live like they did in Acts? To live their lives for him KNOWING that they would likely be jailed, tortured and killed?
1 - They had a PERSONAL relationship with him.
We can have this too!
2 - They had an eternal perspective.
Hebrews 12:2
We must fix our eyes on him!
Are you living as if Christ would return at ANY moment? Because he could!
How would you live differently if you knew he were coming this week? or today?
Colossians 3:1-2
New Perspective: Focused on things above.
If we lived this way, how would we respond to day to day challenges like traffic and cheating?
When you have an eternal perspective, your worries shrink.
Set you heart and mind above so you can properly deal with challenges here on earth!
Live with Purpose!
Challenge this semester: Know Him Intimately. To live each day like he's coming back because he IS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers