Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Celebrity Trivia

Lesson: Celebrity Trivia
By: Matt Atkins
Location: Amphitheater on UNO Campus

Who is your favorite celebrity/famous person? What do you know about them?
I know a teen girl who knows everything there is to know about Chris Brown…down to his eye color and favorite food. Does she really know him?
You may know everything about them, but do you know them?
Jesus Trivia
How old was Jesus when he started his ministry? 30
How old was Jesus when he died? 33
Where was his first miracle performed? What was it? At a wedding banquet…water to wine
Where was he born? Bethlehem in a Manger
Same with Jesus. You can know everything about him without truly knowing him.
I John 2:4-6 – “4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.”

The goal of this group and the point of the Bible studies is to help people know Jesus and to show them how to walk as Jesus did.
We don’t want to be
Matthew 7:21-23 - “21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'”

Get in a personal Bible study! Know the Word and Know Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers